Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 6

Week 6 - video time! As you can see, I managed (finally!) to embed a favourite YouTube video - this beautiful cat Duslo reminds me of my beloved Mista Petie Schweets, another British Blue shorthair, who sadly died aged 16 in 2008. RIP my beloved boy.

I did find this adventure a little difficult. The challenge in embedding the video was that I couldn't get the entire address to copy to my blog entry - I eventually did it using a tip from one of the other students (ie via using the 'more share options' path). I also found that the layout template I originally selected for my blog meant that the size of the video screen, when embedded in my blog, only allowed part of the video to be seen (some was cut off). So I selected a new layout template, and also played around with new colours for my blog (text and background) at the same time!

As instructed, I also viewed a range of videos on YouTube and Google video, including the 'We love our NJ libraries' clip (excellent promotional material for a library). It is easy to see the many uses of video in the library environment eg oral history from members of the local community; documenting library buildings, layouts, and events; staff orientation and training; library user education; and marketing/promotion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers